Michael Lofton (Host/Founder)
Michael is a graduate of Christendom College Graduate School of Theology where he received his Master of Arts in Theological Studies (Cum Laude) in 2018. He is currently working on a doctorate in Theology with Pontifex University and is writing a dissertation on the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Michael is the founder of the St. Maximus the Confessor Institute and the Reason & Theology show, where he has interviewed many of the leading figures in contemporary theology. He has also appeared on EWTN, Catholic Answers, SiriusXM Radio, Radio Maria and has contributed frequently to various newspapers and websites.
You may contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
Erick Ybarra (Co-Host/Show Committee Advisor)
Erick Ybarra (Latin-Rite Catholic) – Erick Ybarra is a Roman Catholic speaker and blogger. Having graduated from the University of Central Florida with a B.S. in Criminal Justice alongside receiving college-level training in Engineering Technology, he currently works as a Field Technician for a global manufacturer of scientific and precision instruments. Having spent years as a Reformed Baptist and then moving towards high-Church Anglicanism, he prayerfully studied the Bible and History leading to a reversion to the Catholic Church. He is a co-host for popular YouTube channel Reason and Theology, and has made plenty of public appearances on Catholic social networks. His writings specialize in Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, and can be found www.ErickYbarra.org. He is a Husband and Father of 5 children, living in the upper mid-West of the United States.
You may contact Erick at email@example.com
William Albrecht (Co-Host/Show Committee Advisor)
William Albrecht (Latin-Rite Catholic) was raised in a non-believing household and eventually became a Reformed Baptist. After many years as a youth leader and minister he converted to the Catholic faith. He has a B.A. in Theology and is an international speaker and debater, having participated in over 50 live and moderated debates. William runs a website dedicated to the Early Church Fathers that includes unique translations, articles, commentaries, and debates on the Fathers. As well as running PatristicPillars.com, William is a Co-Host on Reason & Theology and the resident debater.
You may contact William at firstname.lastname@example.org
Elijah Yasi (Contributor/Marketing and Administration/Show Committee Advisor)
Elijah Yasi (Eastern Catholic) was born in Iraq, Baghdad on January of 1985. He moved to the United States in 1993 and has been living there since. He was born into a Catholic family and was baptized and confirmed as an infant in the Syriac Catholic Church. He received his First Communion in the Chaldean Catholic Church. At the age of 20, he began to study the Christian faith and became a Protestant. A year later, he discovered the writings of the Early Church Fathers and reverted back into the Catholic Church where he has remained there ever since. Since reverting back to the Catholic Church, he has had a deep interest in apologetics; more specifically the Papacy and the Immaculate Conception. He has appeared as a guest on popular Youtube channel Reason and Theology. He has started a blog page which can be found by visiting www.UndergroundCatholicism.com. Elijah currently resides in Michigan with his wife and daughter where he owns and runs a heating and cooling company.
You may contact Elijah at email@example.com
Cathy Q (Contributor, Video Transcriber)
Cathy (Latin-rite Catholic) was raised as a nominal Catholic and converted to Pentecostalism as a young child. As a teenager, she became a Reformed Baptist and immersed herself in (particularly anti-Catholic) apologetics. However, the need for an apostolic Church became clear and she prayerfully (and begrudgingly) returned to Roman Catholicism. Cathy is a stay-at-home mom in Ontario, Canada. In her spare time she enjoys embroidering, and learning about theology and Church History.
Dr. Matthew Minerd (Show Committee Advisor)
Dr. Matthew Minerd is a Ruthenian Catholic, husband, and father. He is also a professor of philosophy and moral theology at Ss. Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary in Pittsburgh, PA. His academic work has appeared in the journals Nova et Vetera, The American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly, Lex Naturalis, Downside Review, The Review of Metaphysics, and Maritain Studies, as well in volumes published by the American Maritain Association through the Catholic University of America Press. In addition, he is under contract for a number of translations of Catholic philosophical and theological volumes over the next few years.
Luis Dizon (Roman Catholic) – Luis is the resident contributor on matters pertaining to comparative religions, such as Islam and New Religious Movements. He was raised Catholic, but had a foray into Protestantism that lasted for eleven years, during which time he served in a Reformed Baptist Church and attained a Master’s in Theological Studies from Wycliffe College (an Anglican seminary). He is currently working on a Ph.D in the University of Toronto in the department of Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, with a focus on the relationships between the three Abrahamic religions. He is also an expert in classical languages, and is conversant with Biblical Hebrew and Greek, as well as Qur’anic Arabic.
Fr. Patrick (Eastern Orthodox) – Fr Patrick (John Ramsey) was born in 1970 in New Zealand. He attended University of Waikato in Hamilton New Zealand, completing Bachelor degrees in Science, majoring in Mathematics, and in Law with honours. He then completed a Master of Theology in Orthodox Studies at the University of Wales, in 2010 followed by a PhD in Orthodox ecclesiology in 2015 at the University of Winchester, England. He presently works as a distance tutor for the Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies in Cambridge, England. He serves as a priest in the Western Rite deanery in the UK under the Russian Church Outside Russia. He has enjoyed engaging on Facebook discussions for a number of years after contributing to Orthodox blogs before this.
Turretinfan (Reformed Protestant)
TurretinFan is a Presbyterian and Reformed apologist, writing under a pseudonym. He has been engaged in internet-based apologetics and theological blogging since 2006, and has debated on a wide range of topics including Hell, Trinitarianism, Calvinism, the Marian Dogmas, Sola Scriptura, and the Canon of Scripture.
Thomas Druschke (Atheist) – Thomas Druschke is an atheist, debater, amateur philosopher, and content creator from Texas who runs The Atheist Reformation channelThe Atheist Reformation channel on YouTube. His channel is dedicated to open discussion with theists, atheists, and everyone in between on the philosophical spectrum, with weekly shows such as Sunday Service and Discussions With A Theist. He has recently found a new mildly obsessive hobby in weightlifting and participates in amateur strongman competitions.
- Cardinal Joseph Zen – is a cardinal of the Catholic Church from Hong Kong, who served as the sixth Bishop of Hong Kong. He was made a cardinal in 2006, and has been outspoken on issues regarding human rights, political freedom, and religious liberty.
- Bishop Athanasius Schneider – Kazakhstani Roman Catholic bishop, the auxiliary bishop of Astana, Kazakhstan. He is a member of the Canons Regular of the Holy Cross of Coimbra. (Roman Catholic)
- Metropolitan Kallistos Ware – Titular Bishop of Diokleia, professor emeritus in Eastern Orthodox studies at Oxford University and author of The Orthodox Church. (Eastern Orthodox)
- Dr. Bart Ehrman – New Testament scholar and author of six New York Times bestsellers (Agnostic).
- Dr. Peter Kreeft – Professor of philosophy at Boston College and The King’s College (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Scott Hahn – American Christian theologian and apologist. A former Presbyterian who converted to Catholicism, Hahn’s popular works include Rome Sweet Home and The Lamb’s Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. David Bentley Hart – American Orthodox Christian philosophical theologian, cultural commentator and polemicist.
- Dr. Thomas Pink – Professor of philosophy at King’s College London (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Carl Trueman – Full Professor at the Department of Biblical and Religious Studies at Grove City College. (Orthodox Presbyterian.)
- Dr. Robert J. Matava – Associate professor and dean of the Graduate School of Theology at Christendom College in Alexandria, Va. (Roman Catholic)
- Dr. Edward Siecienski – Associate Professor of Religion and Clement and Helen Pappas Professor of Byzantine Civilization and Religion at Stockton University. (Eastern Orthodox)
- Dr. Adam J. DeVille – Associate professor and chairman of the Department of Theology-Philosophy, University of Saint Francis. (Eastern Catholic)
- Dr. Donald Fortson – Professor of Church History and Pastoral Theology and Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, North Carolina (Presbyterian)
- Dr. Jared Goff – Adjunct Professor of Dogmatic Theology at Ss. Cyril & Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary (Eastern Catholic).
- Dr. Michael Brown – PhD., Messianic Jew, author, professor and evangelical apologist.
- Dr. Robert Fastiggi – Ph.D., Professor of Systematic Theology, has been at Sacred Heart Major Seminary.
- Dr. Lee McDonald – Professor McDonald received a Ph.D from the University of Edinburgh and a Th.M from Harvard University. He is the former professor of New Testament Studies and President of Acadia Divinity College, Nova Scotia, Canada. His many publications on Canon and Canonicity include The Origin of the Bible (T&T Clark, 2011).
- Dr. Michael Barber – is Associate Professor of Theology and Scripture at the Augustine Institute in Denver, CO.
- Dr. Mark Spencer – PhD., Roman Catholic associate professor of philosophy at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Dr. David Bradshaw – PhD., Eastern Orthodox professor of philosophy at the University of Kentucky.
- Dr. Eduardo Echeverria – PhD., Professor of Philosophy and Systematic Theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit.
- Dr. Robert Price – Atheist author, debater and Biblical scholar.
- Dr. Luis Dizon – Theologian and apologist. (Roman Catholic)
- Dr. Gavin Ashenden – Former Anglican Bishop and Private Chaplain to the Queen of England. Convert to Roman Catholicism.
- Dr. Taylor Patrick O’Neill – Ph.D., Systematic Theology, Assistant Professor at Mount Mercy University. (Roman Catholic)
- Dr. Shabir Ally – Muslim scholar and debater.
- Dr. Robert Sungenis – Theologian and apologist (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Sebastian Brock – generally acknowledged as the foremost academic in the field of Syriac language today, Dr. Brock is a former Reader in Syriac Studies at the University of Oxford’s Oriental Institute and currently a professorial fellow at Wolfson College.
- Dr. Gabriel Reynolds – Ph.D professor of Islamic Studies at the University of Notre Dame (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. James Likoudis – Catholic author and theologian.
- Dr. John Joy – the President of the St. Albert the Great Center for Scholastic Studies (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Matthew Minerd – faculty member of Philosophy and Moral Theology at Ss. Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary (Eastern Catholic).
- Dr. Aaron Canty – a professor at Saint Xavier University and member of the Philosophy, Religious Studies and Theology Department (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Michael Liccione – Dr. Liccione earned his PhD in philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania. He has taught philosophy at a dozen Catholic and secular institutions and has served on the editorial staff of First Things (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Alan Fimister – Assistant Professor of Theology and Church History at St John Vianney Theological Seminary in Denver, Colorado and Director of the Dialogos Institute (Roman Catholic).
- Dr. Stephen Boyce – protestant theologian.
- Dr. Nicholas DiDonato – Eastern Orthodox professor.
- Dr. E. Michael Jones – Catholic author and lecturer.
- Dr. Leighton Flowers – Baptist Apologist and Theologian.
- Dr. Khalil Andani – holds a Ph.D in Islamic Studies from Harvard University’s Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations.
- Dr. Daniel Wallace – Protestant author and Senior Research Professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Dr. Gavin Ortlund – Protestant pastor and theologian.
- Dr. Matthew Thomas – Catholic theologian and author.
- Dr. John Rao – Associate professor of history at St. John’s University, director of the Roman Forum/Dietrich von Hildebrand Institute, and former president of Una Voce America. (Catholic)
- Dr. Lawrence Welch – Catholic Professor at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary. Archdiocese of St. Louis Marquette.
- Dr. Ralph Martin – Catholic author, president of Renewal Ministries and the host of the weekly Catholic television program The Choices We Face.
- Dr. Gaven Kerr, O.P. – Catholic theologian and author.
- Dr. Richard DeClue – Catholic Theologian and Doctor of Sacred Theology.
- Dr. Michael Torre – Catholic and past vice-president of the Institut Internationale Jacques Maritain.
- Dr. William Marshner – retired Catholic Emeritus Professor of Theology at Christendom College in Front Royal, Virginia.
- Abbot Tryphon – Eastern Orthodox abbot of All-Merciful Saviour Monastery.
- Fr. Mitch Pacwa, SJ – Roman Catholic priest and Jesuit. He is president and founder of Ignatius Productions, host on EWTN and is now the senior fellow of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology
- Fr. Peter Totleben, OP, is a Dominican Friar of the Province of St. Joseph and faculty member for Theology at the Josephinum Pontifical College in Columbus, Ohio.
- Fr. Sebastian A. Carnazzo – PhD., Priest and Pastor of the St. Elias Melkite Parish in San Jose, CA. (Eastern Catholic)
- Fr. Christian Kappes – Catholic priest and Academic Dean Department of Ss. Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary.
- Fr. Stelyios Muksuris – Greek Orthodox priest and professor of Liturgy and of Languages at Byzantine Catholic Seminary.
- Fr. John Whiteford – Priest and Pastor of St. Jonah Orthodox Church (ROCOR) in Spring, Texas. (Eastern Orthodox)
- Fr. Patrick Cardine – Priest at St. Patrick Orthodox Mission, Warrenton, VA. (Western Rite Orthodox)
- Fr. Chris Moody – (Eastern Orthodox) Greek Orthodox Military Chaplain.
- Fr. John (Patrick) Ramsey – Presbyter of the Orthodox Church. He completed PhD in Orthodox Theology in the field of ecclesiology. He is presently distance tutoring for the Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies in Cambridge, UK.
- Fr. Josiah Trenham – Archpriest in the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America (Eastern Orthodox).
- Fr. Laurent Cleenewerck – rector of Eureka Orthodox Church (Eastern Orthodox).
- Fr. David Sherry – SSPX priest and principal of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Academy
District of Canada (Roman Catholic).
- Fr. James Doran – Maronite Catholic priest.
- Rev. Canon Benoit Jayr – priest for the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. (Roman Catholic)
- Rev. Canon Matthew Weaver – priest for the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. (Roman Catholic)
- Fr. William Kosco – Catholic pastor of St. Henry Parish in Buckeye, Arizona.
- Father Deacon Anthony Dragani – Eastern Catholic deacon.
- Fr. Ankido Sipo – Chaldean Catholic priest.
- Archimandrite Nicholas Zachariadis – Eastern Catholic Abbot.
- Deacon Joseph Suaiden – Eastern Orthodox (non-canonical) apologist and deacon.
- Subdeacon Daniel Kakish – Subdeacon of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch. (Oriental Orthodox)
- Friar Charles Robinson – Franciscan friar of the Franciscans of the Immaculate.
- Friar Roderic Burke – Franciscan friar of the Franciscans of the Immaculate.
- Professor Steve Weidenkopf – Lecturer in Church History at the Christendom College Graduate School of Christendom College in Alexandria, Virginia
- Dan Barker – Atheist author and debater.
- Mike Aquilina – Award-winning author, executive vice-president and trustee of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology and a Roman Catholic research center based in Steubenville, Ohio. (Roman Catholic).
- Michael Voris – Catholic author, journalist and apologist.
- David Bates – Apologist and speaker. (Roman Catholic)
- Michael Hichborn – President of the Lepanto Institute. (Roman Catholic)
- Timothy Flanders – Apologist. (Roman Catholic)
- Turretinfan – Apologist and debater. (Reformed Protestant)
- Rabbi Asher Meza – Rabbi. (Jewish)
- Musharraf Hussain – scientist, educator and religious scholar in Nottinghamshire, UK. (Muslim)
- John Loftus – Atheist author.
- Jay Dyer – Eastern Orthodox author and apologist.
- Zachary Robert – Roman Catholic apologist.
- Timothy Gordon – Roman Catholic author and teacher.
- Christopher Tomaszewski – Roman Catholic theologian.
- Seraphim Hamilton – Eastern Orthodox professor and apologist.
- Mark Bonacore – Roman Catholic Apologist.
- Alexander Tschugguel – Roman Catholic known for throwing Pachamamas idols into the Tiber River.
- Christine Niles – Roman Catholic journalist.
- Mark Hausam – Roman Catholic blogger and apologist.
- Ryan Grant – Roman Catholic apologist and translator.
- Gary Michuta – Roman Catholic apologist, debater and talk-show host.
- John Meadows – Roman Catholic professional bodybuilder.
- Sam Shamoun – Protestant debater.
- Kwaku El– Mormon apologist.
- Steve Christie – Protestant author.
- Josh Gibbs – Protestant apologist.
- Taylor Barrett– Protestant apologist.
- Lizzie Reezay – Catholic YouTuber.
- Vitalis Varaioun – Catholic apologist and convert from the Old Believers Schism.
- Steve Ray – convert to the Catholic Church and the author of three best-selling Ignatius Press books (Crossing the Tiber, Upon this Rock, and St. John’s Gospel).
- Kennedy Hall – Catholic author and apologist.
- Luke Heintschel – Catholic theologian.
- Rick Delano – Catholic writer, producer and narrator.
- Jaxon Washburn – Mormon apologist.
- Dennis Spiess – Catholic apologist in Germany.
- Hugh Owen – Catholic apologist and Director of the Kolbe Center.
- Stefanie Lozinski – Catholic apologist and writer.
- Eric Sammons – Catholic writer and apologist.
- James Snapp Jr. – Protestant pastor and apologist.
- Allan Ruhl – Catholic apologist.
- Fawas Yasi – Catholic apologist.
- John Derosa – Catholic apologist and podcaster.
- Nathaniel McCullum – Catholic apologist.
- Anthony Stine – Catholic apologist and host of Return to Tradition.
- Vic Mignogna – Christian voice actor.
- Robert A. Marro Jr. – Executive producer for the film Hostage to the Devil, former CIA and personal friend to Fr. Malachi Martin.
- David Wemhoff – Catholic attorney and author.
- Roman Krasnitsky – Catholic and President of the Archangel Foundation.
- Andrew Beddow – Catholic doctoral candidate in Philosophy.
- Suan Sonna – Catholic apologist.
- Trent Horn – Catholic apologist for Catholic Answers.
- David Augustine – Catholic theologian.
- Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller – Lutheran pastor.
- Jimmy Akin – Catholic apologist for Catholic Answers.
- Jonathan Pageau – Jonathan Pageau (Eastern Orthodox) is a professional artist, writer and public speaker, giving workshops and conferences all around North America. Through his YouTube channel and podcast, The Symbolic World, he also furthers the conversation on symbolism, meaning and patterns in everything from movies, to icons, to social trends
- Pat Flynn – Catholic apologist.
- Evan LeDoux – Eastern Catholic convert.
- Keith Nester – Catholic convert from Protestantism.
- Is Papal Ratification the Best Theory to Identify an Ecumenical Council?
- Are Ecumenical Councils to be Identified by the Reception Theory?
- Reason is a Dependable Means of Knowing God
- Are There Sufficient Reasons for God’s Existence
- Debating Jesus and Muhammad (Albrecht vs. Hussain)
- Who Started the East/West Schism?
- The Problem of Suffering
- Erick Ybarra vs. Jay Dyer: The Papacy Debate
- The Immaculate Conception: Is It Ancient and Biblical? (Catholic/Orthodox)
- The Immaculate Conception: Is It Ancient and Biblical? (Catholic/Protestant)
- Did Multiple Popes Deny the Immaculate Conception? (Catholic/Protestant)
- Does Catholicism Dogmatically Teach All Unbaptized Babies Must Go to Hell? (Lofton vs. Blazek)
- Did Jesus Rise from the Dead Spiritually or Bodily? (William Albrecht vs. Dan Barker)
- Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? (Shabir Ally vs. William Albrecht)
- Did St. Augustine Believe Transubstantiation? (William Albrecht vs. Turretinfan)
- The Canon of Scripture Debate Part 1 – Gary Michuta (Catholic) vs. Steve Christie (Protestant)
- Is the Trinity Biblical and Ancient? William Albrecht vs. Shabir Ally
- What is the Fate of Unbaptized Infants? – Fr. John Ramsey vs. Michael Lofton
- The Validity of Intelligent Design.
- Michael Lofton vs. Dr. Shabir Ally – Does the New Testament Teach Jesus is God?
- The Perpetual Virginity Debate with William Albrecht (Catholic) and Turretinfan (Reformed)
- Is the Holy Spirit God? William Albrecht vs. Dr. Shabir Ally
- Is the Bible Coherent on the Crucifixion of Christ? (Dr. Shabir Ally and Luis Dizon)
- Is the Filioque Theologically Sound? (Fr. Patrick vs. Adam Groves)
- Is the Quran Coherent on the Crucifixion of Christ? (Dr. Shabir Ally vs. Luis Dizon)
- The Resurrection Debate: Did Jesus rise bodily from the dead (Albrecht vs. Loftus)
- Is Vatican I Papacy Biblical? (Fr. Patrick vs. Suan Sonna)
To view a complete list of videos from the Reason & Theology Show, visit here.
Reason &Theology is also available as a podcast on Itunes, Google Play, Spotify and Stitcher. To manually add the RSS feed, click here.
R&T offers different kinds of shows that each serve a different purpose. They are:
- Interviews – various guests from a wide range of backgrounds are often interviewed on R&T.
- Debates – R&T offers a variety of debates on different topics.
- Round Table Discussions – Twice a month, there are round table discussions on different theological topics with contributors from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Analysis and Commentary – the host of R&T often offers commentary on contemporary events and theological topics.
- Theological Reflections – the host also occasionally offers brief reflections on Scripture and theology.
Any view expressed by a host, contributor or guest is not necessarily reflective of the views of other hosts, contributors or guests.